Thursday, November 29, 2012

Finding 20 year old 4x5 Transparencies!





Back in the early 90's, I almost always kept a 4x5 camera in the car whenever I traveled.  I can't tell you how many times I hiked it over trails to catch the light over a scene at dusk, or in the early morning.  It wasn't a fancy Zone V field camera either...it was a an old Cambo studio camera with one very heavy Gitzo tripod. Every once in a while...like today...I run across some transparencies or negatives that I never got around to scanning until now.  Spent the better part of the afternoon scanning these images taken during the production of the North Carolina 4th Grade textbook.  Obviously, the Nantahala River is at the top followed by several scenes unidentified by location with the exception of the Whitewater Falls in the southwestern part of the state.   My favorite is actually the guys sitting around at the gas station...cigarette butts everywhere, but not paying much attention to some young guy setting up a huge camera in front of them.  That's one I think I'm going to have to print really big!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, these images appear purple in Google Chrome.

    ReplyDelete