Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Rawhide & Rodeo Queens!

The Carousel Farm Rodeo has been hosting it's Tuesday night summer Rodeo for years.  I attended with Gillian once when she was about 8 years old and I remember her chasing around a calf in the ring.  I thought it was pretty dangerous at the time and wasn't surprised that they didn't perform that ritual last night.  The Barrel Racers and Bull Riders were out showing off their stuff in front of several hundred fans.  It still looks mighty dangerous riding bulls, but I was impressed that out of the 10 or 12 bull riders there was a young woman that bested many of them by the end of the night.  54 year old Darrell Jordan thought he could still get out there and show the young kids how it's done.  I think the only bull I would attempt to ride would be the mechanical bull on the little kids setting.
Our visit to Carousel Farms was inspired by our participation in the August gallery show of the same name at Gallery C in downtown Raleigh.  Go check out the show website!



















1 comment: