Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chickens take flight!












Trying to photograph a flying chicken was a challenge.  It turns out that flapping wings are extremely fast and a typical studio lighting scenario just wouldn't work.  Too much blur.  This series is of our 4 week old Red Star called Nemo.  My assistant who also happens to be my 13 year old daughter didn't like my asking her to drop/throw Nemo over and over again.  I don't think Nemo really minded but Gillian swore that Nemo didn't forgive her for at least an hour.   Fortunately our planning and previous test over the weekend gave us the light output and the stopping speed to capture the wings in flight.  When flying, chickens really look very prehistoric.   I was also fascinated with the fact that no matter how many times I photographed Nemo flying, her feet were always pointed as if they were on flat ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment