Friday, March 9, 2012

125th Anniversary of NC State



It's NC State University's 125th anniversary this week and realized I also remember the 100th anniversary quite well. I am starting to feel as old as my daughter thinks I am. I'm not that old of course...just 51, but I've had an association with the University in some capacity since 1978. Both good and bad, but mostly good. I'm still proud to have finished my engineering degree and even prouder that I was EIT certified upon graduation having passed the Engineer in Training exam. I happened to be in the right place at the right time in 1983 and over the years have had the opportunity to meet and photograph some of NC State's greatest alumni. I've always loved the Belltower, but haven't photographed it much really since the 80's. On a spring day last year, I went out again on my bike and decided to revisit the landmark. This is the result. Maybe I should run over to UNC and get a picture of the Well. Might sell better. :)

2 comments:

  1. Simon
    I just reviewed you website and the post of the Bell Tower Photo! Your talent is like great vine, it get better with age! I don't remember when I meet you but it had to be in the late 70's or early 80's running around Carter Stadium or Reynolds shooting game photos. Your work is great and captures the pure essence of the moment whether on Campus, the court or the field. I be back in Raleigh in a few weeks for business and reach out to you before I head up.....so we can visit about some of your work!

    Go Pack!
    Steve Tart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, Thanks for looking. Remember the name...just having trouble putting a face on it. Sorry I just saw this today. Feel free to give us a call. Will be out for a couple of weeks, but should be back to speed early June.

      Delete