Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Best Wishes to Everyone!

Gillian, my 10 year old daughter has become quite the artist.  The artwork here she contributed at the last minute for this year's Christmas card which went out this week.  We had joked that she hadn't done anything this year after which she disappeared for 10 minutes and came back with a pencil drawing of the rat which she asked me to scan.  She then asked to get into Photoshop which she does from time to time, not allowing me to guide her.  She just plays.  An hour later she came in and said she was done.
Obviously I was quite inspired by her drawing and came up with the ode to Dr. Seuss.
Gillian has a pet rat called Skabbers (Harry Potter fans understand) that I'm not exactly thrilled about, but it is a smart animal and a good companion for her.  She just needs to clean the crate more often...but she does try.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate.  Don't forget Boxing Day!  


Click on the card for a larger view.  :)

1 comment:

  1. loved this card and the collaborative effort. what a gift you have in that Gillian! and her in You!

    ReplyDelete