Sunday, November 21, 2010

Continuing fall color series








































Continuing my series of photographs depicting the fall color of Raleigh, I decided to head down into Oakwood and go throught the Oakwood cemetary. I've always enjoyed cemeteries. Oakwood is incredibly beautiful and peaceful. Appropriate I guess. I always learn something new when I go through there. This morning I learned that a 24 year old navel officer by the name of Worth Bagley was the first officer killed in the Spanish-American war and the only line officer of the navy killed in the war. He was born in Raleigh. A very large monument was erected in his honor and even though it's over 100 years old, his image is still very clear. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worth_Bagley

I photographed the corner store on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment