Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wilmington Street Painting.

I recently finished this painting of Wilmington Street in downtown Raleigh.  I had ventured out one day in the rain and captured some really nice street scenes which you can check out here.  I am often crossing the line between painting and photography these days and I wanted to paint something that I had visualized from the get go.  This seemed to fit that criteria.  Of course it needed an element in the foreground, so I asked my neighbors to walk across our street in front of their house a few times.  I was lucky enough to get some rain at the time as well so it became a realistic scene.   I still have a long way to go, but definitely inspired by the process.

1 comment:

  1. You may think you have a long ways to go but to me you are light years ahead of most of what I see exhibited on a regular basis. Of course, I love the colors in your paintings and the subjects you choose.

    ReplyDelete