Friday, February 17, 2012

Gary Carter

Over the last few weeks, I have been moving my extensive files to a more accessible location. Back in 1987 and 88 I was a frequent visitor to Shea stadium, obviously home of the NY Mets. Fortunately, I have kept fairly accurate data as to where to find certain photographs, so when I heard the news of Gary Carters death due to brain cancer, I went looking this morning and found these few gems from 1988. It's difficult to see such an great athlete die so young. In doing my followup series I am sometimes amazed at the change over the years. In my mind, the individuals are frozen in time both in my head and on film...so it's an eye opener to see such change. When I scan some of these images though, many of them bring me right back to exactly what I was doing when I shot the picture. I may not be great with names, but I'll always remember an image I took. Well....most of the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment