Friday, December 30, 2011

Followup- Ian


















Ian was a precocious 10 year old in 2001. Today he's 6'-3" and 200 pounds trying to land a spot on the Reinhardt University varsity basketball team. I played one on one with Ian every time we went to visit his family in Atlanta. I'd like to think that our competitive games in the driveway fueled his desire to get better at the game. I wasn't shy about blocking his shots when he was two feet shorter than me....and he's not shy about blocking mine now. It's what I get. This year I didn't get a chance to play against him, but we did find some time to get a quick follow up image. What is amazing about this image is that I didn't tell him what I was doing and to show up with a basketball jersey. Instead, he showed up with a jacket that suggests his tastes haven't changed much in 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment